Although I slip, I always get right back up.

Although I slip, I always get right back up.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

First 8K race!

Time: 61:51.09
That's not me in the pic by the way. LOL! Although this pic looks like it could be at Virginia Beach. Neptune festival 8K under my belt. I think I did pretty good, considering it was my first race and I didn't technically train for it. I actually also did a unconventional crossfit workout after the run! As far as nutrition..I will have to do more research on what is the best thing to eat before and after intense workouts. I ate a sweet potato and banana before the race. After the race I ate another banana, 1/2 protein shake. After the crossfit workout (about 30 mins later) I ate another banana, grilled chicken with avocado, coconut water. I watched a little bit of TV, got up and cramped like hell! I don't think my husband sympathizes well, I had to ask please, like a begging please...for water, motrin, and a massage. He got me those, thank God without too much grief.

Feeling super accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment